Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Mary

It's evening again here in Oslo and, after a long day out and about in the city, both Mary and Woodley have crashed early (7pm). We did manage to make it to church and enjoyed the English service very much. After that we spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with Woodley's advisor and his family. It was a wonderful snowy day and I just wish I had brought my camera along with me. 

Since I don't have any photos from today to share, I thought I would post a few of my favorite photos of Mary. Below is a brief recap of our past five months with her. 

Here I am around the middle of August, just 2 days before Mary was born. She arrived 10 days early so when this photo was taken I had no idea that my pregnancy would be over so soon. I thought I had weeks and weeks left to go. Judging from how large I was, it's probably a good thing she made an early appearance. 


The day before Mary was born was the first day of the Northwest Washington Fair. All through my pregnancy I planned to go to the fair and I'm so glad we fit it in before Mary arrived. Here I am less than 24 hours before she was born at the demolition derby! It was hot, hot, hot and I was pretty uncomfortable. I actually started timing contractions during the derby but since they were light I don't consider my labor to have really started until around 10:30 that evening. Looking back at the photos now, it's hard to believe how big I was! 


Hooray! After 11 hours of labor Mary was born at our home in Washington. It all went just perfectly and although labor was super painful, I couldn't have had a more wonderful birth experience. I was so thrilled when I found out she was a girl! Here's one of our first family shots. 


Mary Elizabeth was born at 9:26 am on August 17th, 2010. She was 19.5 inches long and weighed 7 pounds exactly.


About a month old


1.5 Months


2 Months


During her second month she really started smiling and we got some adorable photos!


Turning 3 months old


Mary's First Thanksgiving 


Enjoying the sunshine in California over Christmas (4 months)


Waving to her fans. :)


Wondering at the fish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium on New Years Eve


Sporting her fuzzy hat that the Norwegian mama commented on a few days ago. It's so perfect for the weather here!



Tired girl


Expert thumb sucker 


Back at home in Washington and almost 5 months old. She loves standing up these days!


She is such a delight and she seems to get cuter each day. Being a parent really is a wonderfully fun job despite all the hard work. :)

~ElizabethRose~

1 comment:

  1. She is just absolutely adorable, congrats! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete