Friday, April 3, 2009

Herbs Update

My herbs continue to grow in their starter bed. Actually, the above picture features the cherry tomatoes which are growing very well. All of the little bundles germinated and I'm trying to decide when to thin them out and when to re-plant them in a bigger pot. 


Since it seemed like it would take several months for the seedlings to be big enough to be of much use in the kitchen, and since we were inspired at the garden store last weekend, we picked up a couple of ceramic containers and some herb plants that are a bit bigger. 

Now I have two little pots of herbs sitting outside on our patio!

The first one features two types of thyme and two types of oregano. 

Thyme

Oregano Number One 

Oregano Number Two

The second features marjoram, savory, and sage. 


Sage

Marjoram

Savory


So far I haven't been able to find any tarragon plants or seeds. I guess I'll just have to keep looking. I absolutely love tarragon though and would love to have a little plant of my own to use. 

I just hope I can remember to water them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment