Thursday, July 23, 2009

Flower Frog Love


A couple of weeks ago Woodley and I traveled over to Spokane, Washington to attend the wedding of one of my high school friends. On the long drive back across Washington we stopped off for lunch in a small town and discovered several cute antique stores. I love looking for fun vintage finds and was excited to check out their selection. I was even more excited when I discovered their set of green depression glass flower frog vases. They had three small ones along with one large one. I knew Woodley would object to me buying even more green glassware since I already have a ton but I just couldn't resist getting one of the small vases.


Ever since our wedding reception last fall, I have been longing to find some good vases with built in flower frogs. Our florist (Mary Lois of Loop Event Arts & Interiors) did an amazing job and I was so impressed with her artful arrangements that I've longing to improve my flower arranging skills. After the event was over, I noticed that her team had used a thin clear tape to create a mesh like covering over the top of the vases. This helped hold up the flowers and made it much easier to create a fabulous arrangement. Around the same time, Woodley's sister and mother introduced me to the flower frog and I've been hoping to get one of my own ever since. Needless to say, I was delighted to be able to buy my very own small vase with a built in mesh cover to aid in flower arranging.

Soon after we got home I purchased some inexpensive flowers from our local grocer and had a blast arranging them in the flower frog vase. It turned out so well that my only regret is that I didn't buy the other 3 vases when I had the chance. Sadly I don't think I'm up to driving back to Eastern Washington to retrieve them. I'll just have to keep an eye out at our local antique stores. 


~ElizabethRose

No comments:

Post a Comment