Friday, May 29, 2009

Juice and Smoothies in the Morning

A couple of months ago my wonderful Woodley came home with a fancy new juicer for us to use. That, combined with my lovely turquoise blender has made for some very yummy breakfasts for us. I also invested in a copy of "The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies." I don't manage it every morning but, whenever possible, I try to make us a smoothie and a juice each morning. Lots of the recipes in the book have only 2 or 3 ingredients and almost all have been quite delicious! It's really fun to try out various combinations of fruits and vegetables that I would never think to combine on my own. The next time we hit upon a particularly good combo I'll take some photos and share the recipe. 

I can't wait till we have a bigger kitchen this summer. In our kitchen the combo of the blender and juicer take up the entire countertop. I suppose that is partially a good thing though because it encourages me to clean it all up each morning after breakfast. 

~ElizabethRose

1 comment: