Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Tulips


My birthday was last Thursday, February 10th and I turned 28. Hmmm I suppose it's time to update my blog bio. Mary and I had a nice quiet day at home while Woodley was off at the office. Remembering back to a delicious birthday dinner my mother made me years and years ago, I decided to make a special dinner of chicken stew with biscuits. I didn't get around to taking any photos of the food but it turned out really well and I'll definitely be making that recipe again. Dinner was extra special because Woodley brought home a big beautiful chocolate cake!


Woodley's advisor Stephan and his wife and daughter (Liv and Tordis) joined us for the birthday dinner and brought along a beautiful bunch of pale purple tulips that they gave me as a birthday present. I love, love, love tulips and this was a particularly beautiful bunch. They are the perfect spring flower but I'm not able to grow very many of them back at home due to the malicious deer who consider tulips a delicacy. Thankfully I don't have to worry about the deer here.


Ahhh lovely tulips! Perhaps Spring will come someday. However, for now our yard looks like this: 


~ElizabethRose~

No comments:

Post a Comment