Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's that on my sandwich?


The other day, while I was out shopping with Mary, I picked up a delicious looking chicken sandwich one of our local bakeries. When I bit into it, noticed and then tasted something different that I didn't recognize. When I opened it up I discovered...


A slice of star fruit! Very interesting. I had never thought of putting star fruit on a sandwich before. I've eaten them a few times in fruit salads but aside from that I wasn't aware of other applications for them. I think it worked pretty well on the sandwich. The crisp texture and slight acidity are reminiscent of a pickle although not as sharp. If I can find one in the grocery stores here maybe I'll have to slip a slice into Woodley's lunch sandwich someday and see what he thinks of it!

~ElizabethRose~

No comments:

Post a Comment