Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Few More Weekend Memories

I am absolutely in ranunculus heaven! Today at the farmer's market the flower lady was selling glorious bouquets of ranunculus. I decided to get two pink bunches because they were fairly well priced and because they are probably my second favorite flower - right behind heritage roses, and because they are best in the spring. I had wanted to have them in my bridal bouquet but since I was married in the summer we wouldn't have been able to find very nice ones. Instead I had heritage roses and peonies which were also very nice.

I took lots of pictures today of my beautiful ranunculus and since I couldn't decide which one I liked the best, I decided to just share a bunch of them. I just love all their delicate layers of petals! 





In the afternoon, I took a peek at the herb seedlings I started 3 days ago. So far there is no sign of any green life. However, since the shortest germination time for the varieties I planted was 5 days I guess that is to be expected. I'll report back again in another few days!

On Saturday, Woodley and I once again sat down for lunch and a game of cribbage. It is one of our favorite two player games. I especially like it because it reminds me of my grandparents and extended family on my mother's side. It is definitely our family game of choice! As we played this past weekend, Woodley read to me about farm houses. Despite being a bit distracted, he won the game. 


~ElizabethRose

No comments:

Post a Comment