Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seedlings!

It has now been 6 days since I planted the seedlings and they are starting to pop up! So far I can see little bits of green in 9 of the 36 bundles. It is very exciting! 

Here are some tiny thyme plants. It looks like there are way more than 3 plants here so I'll definitely need to thin them out before too long. I had tried to plant only 2 - 3 seeds per bundle, but the thyme seeds were so small that I think a few extras were added. 

Here are the cosmos. They came up the earliest and are by far the biggest. It's become a little bit of a problem because I can't put the lid properly on the container anymore because they are too tall. I'm thinking about taking these two bundles out and holding them somewhere else where they will get more light. That should also allow me to replace the lid on the container. 

It is so much fun to see them poke their little heads out of the soil!

~ElizabethRose

1 comment:

  1. It is always so exciting to watch something that you've planted and nurtured grow! I finally done something similar to this yesterday. You can stop but and see!

    ReplyDelete